Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Day!





Jared is turning into quite the little photographer. He loves to take pictures and actually does a pretty good job of not chopping off people's body parts like some other children I know!





I think that Adam would have preferred something other than the Monkey, but he is excited that he is catching up to his siblings in the Webkinz world -- he truly has arrived!


Mikayla was very excited & surprised to get the Webkinz deer as it has been retired and she didn't think it was possible to still get it!










Jared was so happy to get a chipmunk! Adam got one on his birthday & I thought Jared was going to fall apart since he wanted one so bad! I guess it was a good thing that I bought 2 by accident so that I could give him one for Christmas.









Jacob has been asking for the Sea Otter. Boy was that one hard to find!







On Christmas day we were blessed to have Ben's sister, Marilee and her children celebrate with us. Marilee has spent most of her married life overseas or on the East Coast. First as a military wife then as a State Department wife. So I believe this is the first Christmas I have ever spent with her. Unfortunately, her husband Billy is currently serving at the U.S. Embassy in Saudi Arabia and was unable to be with us. We are so grateful to those families that give of themselves so that the rest of us can celebrate how & when we want in peace & joy.
Once again, the biggest hit of the day were all the Webkinz that the kids got. They each got one and we had some of the most excited faces from these gifts. Some of the other favorites were the twins scooters, Mikayla's Littlest Pet Shop toys and Cora's camera and Will's musical Elmo book.
We are looking forward to going to Oregon in a few days to do Christmas again with Ben's parents. Originally the plan was that we were all going to be together for Christmas, but the Pacific Northwest decided to actually have a "White Christmas" complete with snow, freezing rain and high winds. Lee was actually lucky to have made it to Washington as originally she was supposed to got to Portland but couldn't get in because of all the bad weather. So after a 3 day delay in Minneapolis and with no luggage at all, she arrived at SeaTac. We were so happy to have them all here!
Another thing that made it such a special Christmas was that this was the first year that Will, Lee's youngest, was part of our family. He is a very special little boy that she & Billy adopted from Guatemala. He is quite a character and sure loves to dance!

1 comment:

Rachel K. Hair:) said...

It sounds like you had a great Christmas!