In the tradition of my dear friend Tiffanee's blog, http://onecrazycookie.blogspot.com, where she shows the most wonderful food, I have decided to try it. I typically think of cooking as an undesirable chore. One where I know I will be greeted with complaints and whining. So, if I can make it fun, at least for me, perhaps it won't be so dreaded. So, without further adieu here is what we had for dinner....
So, I think Tiffanee is on to something. It was a lot more fun to think of this as a creation of art, not just something to fill the kids tummies or something I HAD to do. I had fun putting this together and by putting things on the plates before inviting people to the table I made sure that they got some of everything I wanted them to have. And even though we have had this before, I only had one person complain that they didn't like it instead of a chorus. It was light and fluffy and helped me get rid of extra eggs. With 12 chickens around, I get a lot of eggs! Here is the recipe if you are interested. I doubled the recipe to fit the 9x13 pan. This makes great leftovers for breakfast.
Baked Ham & Cheese Omelet
8 eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 cup of cooked ham chunks
1 cup of shredded cheese
1 tablespoon of minced onion (can use dried)
Beat the eggs until frothy, add milk, salt, pepper and onions. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Pour into a greased 8 inch baking dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 minus or until test in center comes out clean. Serves: 6
No comments:
Post a Comment